Securing Planning Permission
PLMR has an outstanding track record in helping clients to secure planning consent quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. We have experience across the sector from residential to renewable energy, with specialist care, commercial, retail, mixed use and complex technology sector developments in between. Our dedicated planning practice has worked with clients to provide support throughout the planning process and gain consent at officer and committee stage, avoiding the significant cost incurred by going to appeal or re-submitting revised plans.
At PLMR we understand what developers need and how local and national government operates. Our team includes former elected officials, planning committee chairs, sector experts and experienced consultants who have all worked with developers to secure planning approval throughout the United Kingdom.
We offer practical guidance and deliver the straightforward communications strategies that you need, successfully engaging with local communities, stakeholders and decision-makers. We put together consultation programmes tailored to meet the requirements of a specific client and site. We don’t offer ‘one-size-fits-all’ packages, because no two sites are the same and neither are the communities within which they lie.
What do we do?
We undertake a number of activities for clients throughout the planning process:
- One – to – one meetings with key stakeholders
- Public exhibitions
- Councillor presentations
- Community surveys
- Create and maintain project websites
- Generate social media campaigns
- Film videos to convey you message in an impactful way
- First point of call for media enquiries, providing you with a dedicated press office for projects
- Production of proactive press releases and reaction to stories where necessary
- Delivery of positive stories, increasing project and client profile
- Statements of Public Consultation – a crucial part of any planning application submission, demonstrating the consultation undertaken with local people
- Briefings for local councillors and committee members
- Demonstrating support and minimising of objection
- Providing in depth knowledge of member interests and tailoring messages to suit
- Political analysis of Officer Reports
- Production and delivery of Committee speeches
- Rehearsals for the client team and assistance at the decision itself
Read about our work successfully securing planning permission for a 100million data centre in a central London Conservation Area.