Lobbying & Public Affairs
Political decision taking, the passage of legislation and the making of public policy can often seem very distant, complex and arcane matters. Organisations, businesses, charities, trade associations and individuals can sometimes be unsure as to how the political decision-making process affects them and how it might be influenced in their favour.
Political decisions taken – be they by the Government headed by the Prime Minister, the devolved legislatures of Edinburgh, Cardiff or Belfast, or local authorities (councils) across the country can often be anticipated, followed and amended.
Whether you are interested in Public or Private Bills, Public Acts, Statutory Instruments, Private Members Bills, Acts from the Scottish Parliament, Northern Ireland Assembly or Welsh Assembly, the implementation of EU Directives, Ministerial Orders, the actions of QUANGOs, Government Departments or arms length bodies, or in running a campaign directed at one of these bodies, then we can help you.
The ability to make sense of these processes and institutions can be of fundamental importance to an organisation’s raison d’etre. At PLMR we help those we work with maximise the potential benefits of and minimise the risk from the political environment.
We are able to offer bespoke political lobbying, public affairs and government relations services and advice including:
- Strategy and campaign advice
- Political audience identification
- Structured contact programmes with political audiences
- Legislative support on Regulations, Bills, Directives and Statutory Instruments
- Assistance with Issue Audits
- Production of Responses to Formal UK and EU Government and Government Agency Consultation Papers
- Select Committee and Public Enquiry training and pre-briefing
- Government affairs training and advice on establishing in-house Public Affairs systems