PLMR and Snapdragon at PLMR have decades of experience helping clients to secure planning consent quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
We have expertise in a wide range of developments including housing, mixed-use, retail, renewable energy, health and social care and complex technology sector developments. We have also helped individual landowners and consortia to secure strategic local planning allocations.
Our dedicated planning communications teams have worked with clients to provide support throughout the planning process and gain consent at officer and committee stage, avoiding the significant costs incurred by going to appeal or re-submitting revised plans.
We understand what developers need and how local, regional and national government operates. Our teams include serving and former elected officials, planning committee chairs, sector experts and experienced planning communications consultants who have all worked with developers to secure planning approval across the United Kingdom.
Our regional office network enables us to call upon genuine local expertise and understanding, ensuring your project benefits from a team that truly understands the issues that are relevant to your site.
We offer practical guidance and deliver the planning communications strategies that you need, successfully engaging with local communities, stakeholders and decision-makers. We deliver consultation programmes tailored to meet the requirements of a specific client and site.
We don’t offer ‘one-size-fits-all’ packages, because no two sites are the same and neither are the communities within which they lie.
What do we do?
As a fully integrated communications consultancy, we can provide the complete suite of planning communications and stakeholder engagement tools needed to maximise the potential to secure consent:
- Due Diligence reports – Researching a site to identify any potential political and community stumbling blocks
- Local Plan designation – Securing designation for sites put forward by landowners and clients
- Stakeholder mapping and political engagement
- Community consultation – presenting your plans and aspirations to local people through the most effective means:
- One – to – one meetings with key stakeholders
- Public exhibitions
- Councillor presentations
- Community surveys
- Digital engagement – Creating an online presence in an online world. We can:
- Create and maintain project websites
- Utilise our bespoke Mapdragon consultation software
- Generate social media campaigns
- Provide video content
- Media relations – Crafting key messages and securing business-changing coverage in print, online and on broadcast media:
- A dedicated press office for projects
- Production of proactive press releases and reactions to stories where necessary
- Delivery of positive stories, increasing project and client profile
- Statement of Community Involvement – demonstrating the consultation undertaken with local people, responding to input from stakeholders
- Countdown to committee – The most important hurdle to navigate, we can lead you to success at decision committee. We can help you with:
- Briefings for local councilors and committee members
- Generating and mobilising support and minimising of objection
- Providing in depth knowledge of member interests and tailoring messages to suit
- Pre-Committee briefing materials responding to content of Officer Reports
- Production and delivery of Committee speeches
- Rehearsals for the client team and assistance at the decision itself
- Post-consent work – Maintaining good relationships with stakeholders is crucial, even after a decision has been made. We can undertake your
- community liaison throughout the demolition and construction phases and generate positive media coverage around key development milestones
- To find out how our planning communications services could work for you, contact us today.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact email@example.com or call 0207 622 9529.