Crisis & Issues Management
Effective crisis management is an essential part of protecting reputation. Poorly handled crises can ruin a business or brand. Our experience demonstrates that we measurably help our clients to manage difficult situations - and more effectively so than them working in isolation.
Successful crisis management involves a rapid response as soon as a problem emerges. We at PLMR are equipped to provide immediate media relations assistance, offering a 24/7 service to our clients available whenever needed. We are able to react promptly with a range of practical and proven support including:
- Setting up an emergency response team, if one is not already in place
- Evaluating the effectiveness of client crisis plans
- Predicting and preparing for the likely scale and nature of media interest
- Providing emergency media training
- Arranging press conferences/ issuing statements
- Liaising with your legal advisers
- Providing ongoing briefings to key stakeholders
- Launching tactical press operations to repair any damage done
- Reviewing events and being prepared to change the approach as the crisis or climate changes
- Advising on proactive actions and statements to protect your reputation against unfair media activity
- Advising on the appropriateness of engaging legal counsel after unfair media coverage and practices
- Devising ways to move forward from a crisis e.g. putting together journalist contact programmes to open dialogue and maximise the chance of positive coverage post crisis.