If you’re looking to develop your media skills, liaise with journalists and put your writing skills to the test, then this could be the role for you.
Mango is the education division within PLMR; an award-winning communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works across a number of high-profile clients to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital solutions for its clients.
We’re on the hunt for a driven and enthusiastic Account Manager, with a minimum of two years’ experience in PR, media relations, writing and social media management. In this role, you will hit the ground running in a very hands-on position, working within an energetic team looking after clients in the education sector. Our goal with most clients is to increase brand awareness and achieve positive publicity by targeting their appropriate audiences through various strands of work including public relations, public affairs, digital and design support.
The ideal candidate will be client focused, results orientated, highly organised, calm under pressure, dynamic and passionate. Experience within a PR agency or in-house communications role is essential, and the candidate should have a strong understanding of managing clients and the media, know how to generate and contribute ideas, craft engaging and well-articulated editorial copy and deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Reporting into an Account Director, this role will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting on several client accounts, identifying and developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of client profiles, products and services for print, online and broadcast media
- Creating overarching strategies for new and existing clients and leading on the implementation of programmes of work
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and media contacts (including journalists and industry spokespeople)
- Writing strong editorial content including press releases, articles, blogs and award entries
- Interviewing clients, end-users including schools and creating case studies
- Supporting on new business (including proposal writing and pitching), networking and contributing to the overall growth of Mango at PLMR
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the education sector and related policy fields
- Daily media monitoring of the education news and identifying reactive opportunities for clients
- Supporting clients with crises and reputation management support
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
- Monitoring key political developments and advising on how this impacts clients
- Supporting clients with the delivery of traditional public affairs, public relations and social media projects to meet key milestones
- Supporting the wider teams at PLMR with adhoc activity across other sectors including social media, design and PR
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role to Magda Lobodziec at firstname.lastname@example.org.