PLMR’s offering to the party conference’s political and business attendees is a true collaboration. The agency’s relationship with headline sponsors, London City Airport has already proven successful winning the 2016 Public Affairs award Consultancy Campaign of the Year. Other partners have rallied to the cause with The Daily Telegraph, Costa Coffee and Vuelio all joining forces to support The Business Hub.
The collaboration will make for an exciting and engaging environment in which to meet and do business. The Hub will provide a work, meeting and refreshment space for high-level political and business attendees that includes the CEOs of the FTSE 250, journalists and political dignitaries. Former Boris Johnson Adviser Joe Mitton, Nicolas Clark, former Crown Estate advisor recently seconded to the Conservative Party General Election campaign, former Conservative Party Staffer Francesca Dobson and PLMR Events Manager Felicity Fisher will spearhead the Hub during Conference.
In addition the Business Hub’s morning and evening events range from panel debates, to Q&A’s and receptions across aviation, the care sector, skills and Brexit and promise to be both engaging and informative. The Daily Telegraph’s Christopher Hope will record his popular Chopper’s Brexit Podcast from the Hub and London City Airport’s Business Reception is the jewel in the crown as an integrated part of the Conservative Party’s Business Day. Both events will be welcoming special guests.
Marquee facilities include
• Refreshments provided by Costa Coffee
• Complimentary Daily Telegraph newspapers
• Comfortable lounge to relax or hold a meeting
• Bookable meeting spaces
• Charging facilities
• Free-high speed wifi
This latest announcement by PLMR follows its acquisition of agencies Mango Marketing and Snapdragon Consulting, seeing the newly enlarged business operating out of London, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Birmingham, as well as significant client wins including most recently Adecco Group.
PLMR Managing Director Elin De Zoete said today:
“PLMR has always had a strong presence at the party conferences but as the agency grows from strength to strength so is our profile at these centrally important occasions for the public affairs industry. Against the backdrop of Brexit and the 2017 General Election, this year’s Conservative Party Conference will be particularly important for many if not most, industries.
The party conferences offer a unique opportunity to deliver a company’s engagement priorities with political decision-makers, particularly following the new intake of Members of Parliament and PLMR is on hand to help our clients to build both lasting and beneficial relationships.”
Notes to Editors
1. Founded in 2006, PLMR is a fully integrated communications agency with offices in London and Edinburgh. Its core offerings are public affairs, PR, crisis management, media training, digital, film and design, planning communications and campaigns.
2. PLMR acquired specialist Education comms agency Mango in April 2017 and property and planning specialists Snapdragon Consulting in September 2017.
3. PLMR was ranked 90th in PR Week’s 2017 UK Consultancies report, as a top 10 public sector agency, a top 20 specialist healthcare agency and is shortlisted for Best Public Affairs Campaign in the 2017 PR Week Awards for its work on a campaign for CACHE to make the Government U-turn on a flagship qualifications policy which had caused a recruitment crisis in early years settings. PLMR was the most awarded agency at 2016’s Public Affairs Awards, and has won multiple previous awards for its work, including at PR Week, Public Affairs News, and the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. It is understood that the Snapdragon acquisition will take the PLMR business to annual revenues in excess of £5 million.
4. In 2015 PLMR instigated the creation of the Global Communications Alliance (GCA), a worldwide network of independently owned firms including in the US, Australia, France, Germany, the Netherlands, South Africa and Argentina.
5. In 2016/17 PLMR saw a growing roster of blue chip, corporate and public sector clients, including new work with Gumtree, SIG, NS&I – an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, UCL Institute of Education, Ella’s Kitchen and the Royal Veterinary College. Over this past 24 months PLMR also strengthened its senior team, bringing on board former Boris Johnson adviser, Joe Mitton, Senior Account Director, Simon Darby from Westminster Advisers and most recently former Conservative MP and Chair of the Education Select Committee Neil Carmichael.
6. Five per cent of net profits from PLMR’s operations have been given to charitable causes since the company’s inception. This will continue.
For further information please contact Nicolas Clark, PLMR on 0203 463 0818/ 07506 628 383 or via Nicolas.Clark@plmr.co.uk