HELP AN AMAZING CAUSE: CHARITY ADMINISTRATION OFFICER WANTED
PLMR is proud to support Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope, a charity supporting vulnerable amputees across the world, through providing low-cost prosthetics, vital operations, educational, social and psychological assistance.
CHARITY ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Organisation: Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope
Registered Charity Number: 1141287
Hours: 9 AM to 5.30 PM Monday to Friday, one hour for lunch.
Salary: Between £18,000 and £21,000
Start date: As soon as possible after appointment
Contact: Please submit a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight Monday 15 July 2013
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an administrator at a young but rapidly expanding and high profile charity that specialises in providing prosthetic, educational and social support for vulnerable amputees across the world. Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope (ELoH) was founded in May 2011 and since then, has been run entirely by a group of hard-working and enthusiastic trustees and volunteers and has established three project partnerships to help over 120 amputee children and establish a limb clinic in Tanzania, and held a reception at No. 10 Downing Street, the charity now requires professional administrative support to enable its continued growth.
The administrator would report on day-to-day activities to 2/ 3 of the trustees, and co-ordinate with the full trustee body where appropriate. Regular monthly update meetings will take place in Westminster with the chair and timesheets should be kept to record activities undertaken. Several induction training sessions will be carried out with the chair and treasurer in the initial period.
A laptop, printer and pay-as-you-go mobile telephone will be provided by the charity.
Charity administrator duties will include the following:
- Updating and maintaining the charity’s central supporter database
- Managing all incoming telephone and email enquiries – including from the media
- Drafting thank you letters, using agreed text, for all postal and online donations –ensuring that all donors are thanked by the charity in a timely manner
- Supporting the chair and lead trustee for supporter engagement with the compiling and drafting of bi-annual supporter newsletters
- Liaising with the chair and lead trustee for supporter engagement as appropriate, to oversee and manage the activities of any charity volunteers
- Paying in postal donations to the bank and updating the treasurer with the relevant details
- Paying in CAF donations and updating the treasurer with the relevant details
- Supporting the treasurer to claim GiftAid on postal donations where applicable
- Compiling data from the charity’s online JustGiving account, to submit to the treasurer
- Coordinating with the chair to ensure the website is kept up-to-date
- Providing general administrative support to all the trustees as appropriate, including assistance with event-planning for fundraising events
- Act as coordinator with the trustees to arrange meetings – internally (quarterly trustee meetings) and externally (with potential new partners or sponsors)
- Attend quarterly trustee meetings to take minutes
- Supporting the chair with the compiling and drafting of regular update messages to the trustees
- Managing the charity’s social media profile via Twitter and Facebook
- Drafting of press releases about charity announcements where appropriate
- Coordinating with trustees responsible for individual projects to ensure that reporting deadlines are met
- Assisting with research into new potential partners
- Good experience of working in an office environment, working to tight deadlines and delivering work in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Highly organised
- Good IT skills and competence with MS Office programmes – in particular, a working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Able to work independently and identify where work and assistance is needed, without prompting
- Proactive and self-motivated, meeting all deadlines
- Reliable, punctual and flexible
- Prior experience of working in a charity
- Passion for doing good and changing lives for the better
- Financial or legal experience
You can download a PDF information leaflet on ELoH here.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org