Job Title: Senior Account Executive – Public Affairs
Reporting to: Account Director
Do you want to become a sector-leading political and PR adviser to high-profile businesses and clients?
PLMR is pleased to offer market-leading opportunities for recent graduates or entry-level consultants, within a multi-award winning, UK Top 100 and World 250 communications consultancy. If you are a news junkie with proven interest in and knowledge of UK politics, understand the power of digital comms and campaigning, and want to make your mark on the political and media landscape, we encourage you to apply.
We’re on the hunt for a strong and confident Senior Account Executive. Someone who understands the importance of the client relationship, is proactive and energetic, highly organised, and with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of one year of consultancy experience or equivalent – such as experience working in politics or the media.
In this role, you will be expected to hit the ground running, working within a dynamic and high-performing team, where you will have responsibility to look after your dedicated clients. We are looking for someone with very strong public affairs, PR, crisis communications and corporate communications skills and expertise.
To excel in this role, you will need to demonstrate a high attention to detail, proven and effective time management skills, confidence in presenting yourself and interest in generating and contributing ideas to the business as a whole. At PLMR, we encourage consultants at every level to think about the impact the whole business can make – proactivity and forward thinking will get you far.
Reporting into an Account Director, this role is responsible for:
- Working with senior colleagues to draw up and execute public affairs and PR programmes for clients
- A strong understanding of digital comms and campaigning methods and how they can underpin PA and PR strategies
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of clients – their profiles, products and services
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders, and media contacts (including journalists and industry spokespeople)
- Closely monitoring political developments in relevant sectors and how they impact or generate opportunities for clients
- Supporting clients to manage their reputation, including in crisis situations
- Networking and beginning to develop your own sector expertise
- Being actively involved in generating leads, pitching for new business, and developing proposals
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff, sharing your expertise
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role to Magda Lobodziec at email@example.com.