Job Title: Public Affairs and Media Relations Intern
Reporting to: Head of East of England
Term: 3 month fixed term contract
Salary: National Living Wage
About the role
PLMR East of England is looking for a highly motivated and energetic intern to join our integrated communications office in Chelmsford. You will join our team in delivering public affairs, media relations and planning communications programmes for clients across a range of sectors including the built environment, tech, health and social care, financial and professional services industries.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work under pressure using your own initiative. You will be able to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments. You will have a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results. You don’t need previous experience but you do need to demonstrate a passion and interest in local and national politics, the media, business and communications.
PLMR is a leading UK integrated communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works across a number of high profile clients to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital solutions for its clients. Our East of England team is headquartered in Chelmsford, with other offices in Cambridge and Norwich.
PLMR offers internships to individuals who are seeking to gain relevant professional experience before embarking on a career.
Your role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Producing policy briefings for PLMR clients
- Liaising with the office of an MPs or Ministers, and drafting letters if required
- Drafting press releases or a set of press releases for a PLMR client
- ‘Selling in’ press releases to journalists
- Compiling media lists in support of a press release mailout
- Supporting PLMR’s planning communications work
- Sitting in on an internal PLMR account meetings
- Involvement in PLMR New Business activities
- Monitoring political events of relevance to PLMR clients and contributing to the work of PLMR’s monitoring team
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to Magda Lobodziec at email@example.com , telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role.