Snapdragon at PLMR is a leading political strategy and communications consultancy working in the built environment. We support a broad range of clients including the top 10 housebuilders, Local Authorities, premier sports clubs, and household names achieve planning success and positive stakeholder relationships at local, regional and national levels across our offices in London, the East of England and the Midlands.
We are seeking an experienced consultant to deliver high profile communication and consultation programmes, foster relationships with both political and community stakeholders, provide digital insights, and confidently handle media relations. The consultant will be an integral part of the team, reporting to the lead Director in London.
In this role you will use your consultancy skills to maintain positive client relationships, actively develop new business ideas and initiatives and run profitable accounts. You will manage both junior and senior colleagues to ensure Snapdragon meets and beats client expectations at every level.
- Day-to-day proactive management and leadership of client accounts;
- Developing and implementing strategic communication and consultation programmes for clients;
- Drafting engaging project specific materials, tailored to different audiences; political, press, community etc;
- Utilising social media and digital platforms for best practice consultation and confident handling of these;
- Managing events of all scales, including large public consultations, or digital workshops, ensuring that logistics are organised with no issues;
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the built environment sector and related policy fields;
- Actively identifying new business opportunities, developing networks and assisting in the growth of the business;
- Providing support to the Account Director and other members of the team, ensuring profitability of accounts and excellent work standard.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least two years’ experience in communications within the built environment sector;
- Excellent written, presentation, verbal and influencing communications skills
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful consultations and communications campaigns;
- An impressive understanding of Local Authorities and the local political landscape, particularly in relation to planning and development;
- Confidence working with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of settings
- Experience of events management;
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects with challenging deadlines;
- Familiarity with social media and digital channels;
- An ability to bring gravitas, instil confidence and demonstrate an abundance of energy and passion;
- A can-do attitude and a positive, supportive and engaging approach to work.
Salary dependent on experience.
The job is based in our London office, although there is the potential for work to cover the regional offices also. Flexible working is encouraged and given the current coronavirus pandemic, a combination of working from home and the office may be required.
At Snapdragon at PLMR we have a whole host of standard and flexible benefits, not limited to, but including:
- 25 days holiday
- Generous pension plan
- Wellbeing package; gym membership/ health insurance
- Season ticket loan/ cycle to work schemes
- Regular internal and external training
Snapdragon at PLMR has a commitment to diversity and inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect the communities in which we work. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.