Job Title: Account Manager
Reporting to: Head of Energy and Sustainability
PLMR is looking for a talented and committed Account Manager to join our award-winning team, working especially in our energy and sustainability practice, which is recognised as the best in the industry by the Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology. This is great opportunity to be part of one of the UK’s leading integrated communications firms, and to join a fast-growing and politically salient practice area.
The successful candidate will offer political and media consultancy to clients ranging from FTSE 100 giants to trade associations and innovative start-ups leading the march towards a greener, cleaner and more efficient economy. PLMR is involved with communicating some of the most important issues facing society today – from decarbonising our energy, transport and heating systems to tackling food waste and protecting biodiversity.
The successful candidate will also work across other sectors as required by PLMR, including health and social care – where again our practice is sector leading, winning ‘Strategic Consultancy of the Year’ at the HealthInvestor Awards 2020.
Applicants will need:
- At least two years’ experience working in a relevant role. This could be, for example, a communications agency, an in-house position in a relevant sector, or a policy/comms role within a trade union, NGO or political party.
- An interest in the political, economic, regulatory and cultural drivers associated with energy and sustainability.
- Experience working with the media.
- Experience liaising with politicians and/or government departments.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to develop new skills and knowledge.
- A proactive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to write compelling, persuasive and accurate copy across a range of mediums.
An existing network of contacts in relevant sectors is preferable but not essential.
The role will involve:
- Driving and implementing a diverse and exciting programme of work across public relations, public affairs, reputation management, and corporate communications for PLMR’s flagship client base.
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of clients’ profiles, products and services.
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and political/media/industry contacts.
- Closely monitoring developments in the media, considering how this impacts existing clients and spotting new business opportunities for PLMR.
- Pitching for new business and developing various proposals.
- Networking and winning new business.
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff.
- Playing your part in a dynamic, supportive and results-focused team.
- Working across sectors, with a focus on energy and sustainability but willingness to be involved with other projects, especially in health and social care.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.