Job Title: Account Manager
Reporting to: Account Director
PLMR is looking for a talented and committed Account Manager to join our award-winning energy and environment practice. This is great opportunity to join a fast-growing and politically salient practice area at one of the UK’s leading integrated communications firms.
The successful candidate will offer political and media consultancy to clients ranging from FTSE 100 giants to government departments and innovative start-ups leading the march towards a greener, cleaner and more efficient economy. PLMR is involved with communicating some of the most important issues facing society today – from decarbonising our energy, transport and heating systems to tackling food waste and reducing plastics pollution.
Applicants will need:
- At least two years’ experience working in a relevant role. This could be, for example, a communications agency, an in-house position in a relevant sector, or a policy/comms role within a trade union, NGO or political party.
- A demonstrable understanding of the political, economic, regulatory and cultural drivers associated with the energy and environment sectors.
- Experience working with the media.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to develop new skills and knowledge.
- A proactive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to write compelling, persuasive and accurate copy across a range of mediums.
An existing network of contacts in relevant sectors is preferable but not essential, as is some specialist technical knowledge in relevant areas.
The role will involve:
- A predominant but not exclusive focus on energy and environment – you must be interested in this area but willing to work on other topics as required.
- Driving and implementing a diverse and exciting programme of work across public relations, public affairs, reputation management, and corporate communications for PLMR’s flagship client base.
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of clients’ profiles, products and services.
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and political/media/industry contacts.
- Closely monitoring developments in the energy and environment sectors, considering how this impacts existing clients and spotting new business opportunities for PLMR.
- Pitching for new business and developing various proposals.
- Networking and winning new business.
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff.
- Playing your part in a dynamic, supportive and results-focused team.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role to Magda Lobodziec at email@example.com.