Job Title: Account Manager – Consumer
Reporting to: Account Director
Location: The job is based in our London office. Flexible working is encouraged and given the current coronavirus pandemic, a combination of working from home and the office may be required.
Salary: Competitive plus a very attractive range of benefits including 25 days of annual leave, enhanced pension plan, private healthcare, gym allowance and regular training.
PLMR is a leading, fast-growing communications agency right in the heart of Westminster. We pride ourselves on our dynamic, vibrant team, who deliver outstanding results for clients every day. We work across a range of core sectors, including education, health and social care, tech, housing, energy, and transport to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital programmes that play a central role in helping our clients achieve their diverse objectives.
We are seeking an experienced consultant with impressive track record of success within an FMCG food business in the grocery or convenience sector as you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key accounts whilst developing new business and listings.
To be fantastic in this role, you will have strong consumer PR experience, including developing campaigns from scratch, displaying a strong understanding of both traditional and digital platforms. You have got to be comfortable with issues management and have an established network of journalistic and political connections.
- Day-to-day proactive management and leadership of client accounts
- Driving and implementing a diverse and exciting programme of work across public relations, public affairs, reputation management, and corporate communications for PLMR’s flagship clients
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of clients’ profiles, products and services
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and political/media/industry contacts
- Closely monitoring developments in the grocery and convenience sectors, considering how this impacts existing clients and spotting new business opportunities for PLMR
- Pitching for new business and developing various proposals
- Networking and winning new business
- Playing your part in a dynamic, supportive and results-focused team.
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least two years’ experience in communications working with major food business in the grocery or convenience sector
- A demonstrable understanding of the political, economic, regulatory and cultural drivers associated with the food business in the grocery or convenience sector
- Experience working with the media
- A strong work ethic and a desire to develop new skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to write compelling, persuasive and accurate copy across a range of mediums
- An ability to bring gravitas, instil confidence and demonstrate an abundance of energy and passion
- A can-do attitude and a positive, supportive and engaging approach to work
PLMR is committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email email@example.com