Job Title: Account Executive
Reporting to: Associate Director
PLMR is pleased to offer market-leading opportunities for recent graduates or entry-level consultants, within a multi-award winning, UK Top 100 and World 250 communications consultancy. If you are a news junkie with proven interest in and knowledge of UK politics, understand the power of digital comms and campaigning, and want to make your mark on the political and media landscape, we encourage you to apply.
PLMR is a leading, fast-growing communications agency right in the heart of Westminster. We pride ourselves on our dynamic, vibrant team, who deliver outstanding results for clients every day. We work across a range of core sectors, including education, health and social care, tech, housing, energy, and transport to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital programmes that play a central role in helping our clients achieve their diverse objectives.
As an Account Executive you will be a key member of the PLMR team providing high quality servicing to all our clients. You will have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar agency environment and/or in parliament working with a diverse range of blue-chip clients. To be successful in this role, it is critical that you have a deep understanding, passion and interest in the British political system as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be well organised, highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects. Experience of the transport sector is ideal, as is working for large multi-national organisations.
In this role you will progress your consultancy skills; attending to the day to day management of client accounts and maintaining a positive client relationship, spotting policy trends and identifying issues which might impact on client activity, beginning to develop new business ideas and initiatives alongside the senior management team. The successful candidate will predominately support our health, social care, energy and environment teams on a broad mix of local and national promotional media, reputation management and political engagement projects for a range of household name clients.
- Liaising with clients at a junior level in a confident manner and building good working relationships
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media channels and blogs, for timely opportunities for clients
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- Drafting newsletters, briefings, campaign material, social media posts, blogs and press releases
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases and social media posts to targeted media
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- Providing regular timely updates on client issues to senior colleagues
- Assisting with event management, including press conferences, digital promotion and physical promotional events
- Responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- Researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of public policy on an organisation, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts – developing an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields
- Establishing and maintaining two-way communication with relevant official bodies: with politicians, civil servants, and/or staff in local authorities and regulatory bodies to brief them on clients’ work and concerns
- Using social media and digital channels to manage clients’ key messaging and enhance the reputation of PLMR and its clients
- Providing regular copy for the PLMR website – blogging, case studies, features, comment, proof-read all written material
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role to Magda Lobodziec at email@example.com.