Job Title: Account Executive
Reporting to: Account Manager
If you’re looking to develop your media skills, liaise with journalists and put your writing skills to the test, then this could be the role for you.
Mango is the education division within PLMR; an award-winning communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that takes a refreshing approach to education PR and marketing.
We’re on the hunt for a driven and enthusiastic Account Executive, with basic experience in PR, media relations, writing and social media management. In this role, you will hit the ground running in a very hands-on position, working within a small and energetic team where you will look after clients in the education sector. Our goal with most clients is to gain them positive publicity to target their appropriate audience through Public Relations and Marketing Activity.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the team and building positive relations with the clients and media. Experience within a PR agency or in-house communications role is desirable, and the candidate should have a strong understanding of managing clients and the media, know how to generate and contribute ideas, craft engaging and well-articulated editorial copy and deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Reporting into the Account Manager, this role is responsible for:
- writing strong editorial content including press releases, articles, blogs and award entries
- building relationships with national, trade and regional media, online education influencers and organisations
- generating newsworthy content for clients that will appeal to print, online and broadcast media
- interviewing clients, end-users and schools and creating case studies
- developing and maintaining an expertise in the education sector and related policy fields identifying
- daily media monitoring of the education news
- supporting on new business and the growth of Mango at PLMR
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role to Magda Lobodziec at email@example.com.