- It’s important for an organisation to build a positive reputation to help it to remain strong should a crisis arise.
- Organisations should be fully prepared for a crisis, including having in place crisis management policies and procedures so that staff know how to respond should an incident occur.
- An investigation into the facts of the situation should be carried out so that the crisis management team are fully informed when handling a crisis and are all delivering the same message
- . Senior management should ensure that they communicate effectively within the organisation first to ensure that key stakeholders such as staff, volunteers and service users understand what is going on, and are kept updated.
- When the crisis has passed, the organisation should conduct an internal review of how the crisis was handled to see if there are any ways that this could be improved going forward.