The CIPR’s role is to:
- advance the professional interests of our members so that they are more successful in the work that they do
- promote, for the public benefit, high levels of skills, knowledge, competence, standards of practice and professional conduct
- promote the study, research and development of public relations practice
- promote public understanding of the contribution of effective public relations in encouraging ethical communication and in enhancing the performance of all sectors of the economy
- act as the authoritative body for the purpose of consultation in matters of public and professional interest concerning public relations, representing the interests of our members and the profession.